All low vision people may avail the services so as to have a better life.
Any person qualifying through the criteria for patient selection may undergo low vision care workout with hope for favorable results regardless of:
- Age of patient:- May be 8 or 98 years.
- Type of disease: Whatever disease -
- Inflamatory - e.g., Uveitis
- Degenerative - like High Myopia, Macular Degeneration
- Congenital - such as Microphthalmos, Colobama of retina, Choroid, Optic nerve & Albinism
- Developmental - e.g., Partial Amblyopia
- Acquired - e.g., Partial optic Atrophy - After injury / surgery
- Complications of systemic diseases like Metabolic - Diabetic Retinopathy etc.
- Age of onset of low vision:- May be congenital (e.g.albinism)or acquired, developmental or age related.
- Duration of vision loss:- May be 6 months or 36 years.
All these issues do not affect the chances of success. Yes ! But chances of success are more for those who can count fingers with or without spects from distance of 3 meters.
For (1) solution to above or any eye problem and (2) guidance for any vision (Distance, Near- Reading etc and computer like work ) related problems (3) spects / Contact lenses related query,
Contact- Dr. Smita Mehta
The Best time to consult / enquire is NOW